News

3/19/20-Stones Tour News

todayMarch 18, 2020 2

Background
share close

Rolling_Stones
Source: music-news.com
Sir Mick Jagger says The Rolling Stones are 'raring to get back on stage' when it's safe to do so.
The rockers have been forced to postpone their North America 'No Filter Tour' date due to the coronavirus pandemic, but the 76-year-old front man - who underwent heart valve surgery last year - says whilst they can't wait to perform again, everyone's health is a "priority".
In a statement posted on his own social media profiles, he wrote: "To everyone who has got tickets to the No Filter Tour, I'm sorry the shows have to be postponed but staying healthy is everyone's priority right now. We are raring to get back on the stage and as soon as that's possible we will be there! Keep your eyes on RollingStones.com for the latest updates. Stay safe, Mick."
The legendary group were due to kick off their latest dates in the US on May 8 at San Diego's SDCCU Stadium, and conclude at Atlanta's Mercedes-Benz Stadium on July 9.
Jagger and co admitted they were "like kids in a candy store" as they prepared to hit the road.
They said: "Every time we get together at rehearsals, we are like kids in a candy store.
"Let's open the cage door and let's get at it."
The hit makers were forced to delay their North America tour last April, due to front man Mick's operation.
However, after the surgery was a success, the band managed to return to the stage by August.
Meanwhile, The Stones are also planning to release their new album this year.
Band member Ronnie Wood recently teased that the upcoming record is "very diverse".
The 'Sympathy for the Devil' hitmakers - which is completed by guitarist Keith Richards and drummer Charlie Watts - have been working on their first record of new material since 2005's 'A Bigger Bang', and the 72-year-old rocker promised people won't be disappointed by the LP.
He said: "[Work on the album is] ongoing. Taking on shape.
"Many different flavors. Very diverse.
"It's going to be great. Once we've decided what tracks we're gonna use."
However, Keith previously admitted the recording process for the record was "very boring".
He said: "Sometimes it's not as much writing as listening to what's been written and figuring it out, and honing and all kinds of stuff.
"It's very boring. It's like a carpentry shop."

Written by: Barry Scott

Rate it

Previous post

News

3/15/20-New ABBA tunes!

Source: music-news.com The iconic pop group recorded their comeback tracks "one-and-a-half years ago" and they're excited to allow their fans to hear the new material, according to Bjorn Ulvaeus. The 74-year-old star shared: "We recorded them quite some time ago, actually one-and-a-half years ago." Bjorn has partnered with a new software program called Session, which registers contributions to recordings in real time and as a result, it can be used to resolve issues relating to music rights. However, Session wasn't […]

todayMarch 15, 2020 1

0%