Tarplin began his career at Motown in the late Fifties as the guitarist in the Primettes, a teenage girl group that later evolved into the Supremes. He was drafted into Robinson's band, where he would go on to write the memorable chord progression at the center of the group's classic hit "Tracks of My Tears."
Weekly Show Promo!
Free Spotlight Show!
For a limited time hear The Elton-John-a-Thon! Includes 16 special conversations: Kiki Dee, Nigel Olsson, Aretha Franklin, Neil Sedaka, Rodger Hodgson/Supertramp, Olivia Newton-John, Quarterflash, Billy Paul, Paul Carrack, Tony Burrows, Millie Jackson, Brenda Russell, Phil Wright/Paper Lace, David Paton/Pilot, John Ford Coley, Sir Elton and more!
For a limited time hear:
The Captain & Tennille performing "Love Will Keep Us Together" at "The Lost 45s Against AIDS" concert in 1993!
Join our Newsletter!
“The Lost 45s” Archives
• 1,000+ EXCLUSIVE artist interviews!
• 60+ commercial radio markets!
• Hear stories behind the records!
• The largest TV/Movie/News clip library!
• Don't let The 1% of hits dominate!
• Become the era's music authority!
• Fiercely loyal appointment listening!