Former Delfonics singer Major Harris died in Richmond. He was 65 years old. The R&B, soul singer left the Delfonics in 1974 to go solo and record his hit 1975 song "Love Won't Let Me Wait." Before making a name for himself with the Delfonics in the early '70s, Harris was a member of several groups including The Teenagers and Nat Turner's Rebellion.
Weekly Show Promo!
Join our Newsletter!
The Next “Lost 45s” Live Dance!
Join Barry Scott of "The Lost 45s" for the next 70s/80s retro dance party! Saturday, December 28th, 8 to 11 at the Rockingham Ballroom in Newmarket, NH! Dance to 70s/80s Top 40 favorites from disco to pop to rock! Sponsored by 92.1 & 97.1 Seacoast Oldies! $10 cover! Doors open at 7! FREE PARKING! Hear the ad NOW!
“The Lost 45s” Archives
• Over 950 EXCLUSIVE artist interviews!
• 60+ commercial radio markets!
• Hear stories behind the records!
• The largest TV/Movie/News clip library!
• Don't let The 1% of hits dominate!
• Become the era's music authority!
• Fiercely loyal appointment listening!